Based in Austin, Texas
June 3rd, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
Rusty Moyher is an independent game developer in Austin, Texas. Games are his passion. Wild Rooster is his brand.
Rusty Moyher began creating games in 2011. He left a job at Apple and 10 years of independent filmmaking to chase a childhood dream: Making Video Games. After six months he released Box Cat, a retro arcade smasher for iPhone and iPad. Box Cat was received well critically and commercially and helped fund the next phase of development.Phase 2
Encouraged, he began exploring ideas for a larger "Game 2". After six months of prototyping and experimentation, Rusty settled on a four player space brawler called Astro Duel. To break from this complex followup, he created a tabletop hand frenzy for iPad called Bloop. The simple, engaging design of Bloop lead to a finalist spot at IndieCade 2012. Rusty has since released Astro Duel and Retro Game Crunch, a six game series with Shaun Inman and Matt Grimm.
Astro Duel - Launch Trailer YouTube
Retro Game Crunch - Trailer YouTube
Bloop - Gameplay Video YouTube
Box Cat - Trailer YouTube
Bloop - Interview YouTube
There are far more images available for Rusty Moyher, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade East - Official Selection" - Bloop, 2013
- "Touch Arcade's Best Group Games of 2012" - Bloop, 2012
- "Games for Change ANZ - Official Selection" - Bloop, 2012
- "IndieCade - Finalist" - Bloop, 2012
- "JaredTA's Best Cat Games of 2011" - Box Cat, 2011
- "Who knew an innocent kitty could wreck so many cars?"
- Apple, @AppStore
- "[Box Cat] is a great bite-sized retro masterpiece"
- Jason Wadsworth, 148apps.com
- "Box Cat comes highly recommended, as a quick arcade fix with lasting power."
- Torbjorn Kamblad, Touch Gen
- "Bloop for iOS is an aggressive, finger-pointing free-for-all."
- Jamin Warren, Kill Screen
Rusty Moyher on Twitter
Personal twitter for Rusty Moyher (@rustym) available at twitter.com twitter.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Game Design, Wild Rooster