Based in Austin, Texas
June 3rd, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
Rusty Moyher is an independent game developer in Austin, Texas. Games are his passion. Wild Rooster is his brand.
Rusty Moyher began creating games in 2011. Moving from independent filmmaking to independent games, he began creating experiences targeting iOS. After six months he released Box Cat, a retro arcade smasher for iPhone and iPad. Box Cat was received well critically and commercially and helped fund the next phase of development.Phase 2
Encouraged, he began exploring ideas for a larger "Game 2". After six months of prototyping and experimentation, Rusty settled on a four player space brawler called Astro Duel. To break from this complex followup, he created a tabletop hand frenzy for iPad called Bloop. The simple, engaging design of Bloop lead to a finalist spot at IndieCade 2012.Retro Game x 7
In August 2012 Rusty teamed up with Shaun Inman and Matt Grimm to create Super Clew Land for the 24th Ludum Dare game jam. It was their first time working together and it was a blast! They hatched a plan to make six more games and Kickstarted it. Retro Game Crunch was released as a complete package to the world in March 2014.Astro Astro Astro
After on-and-off work for a couple years, Astro Duel was completed and released for iPad in July 2014. With more ideas still to explore here, a free standalone companion game called Astro Party was released later that year. Astro Party went on to become a cult hit at middle schools and high schools in the US. Three years later, over ten thousand games of Astro are played every school day. In early 2016 Astro Duel was released for Windows and Mac on Steam. Just over a year later, an expanded version with support for up to six players was released on Nintendo Switch.
Astro Duel Deluxe - Launch Trailer YouTube
Retro Game Crunch - Trailer YouTube
Bloop - Gameplay Video YouTube
Box Cat - Trailer YouTube
Bloop - Interview YouTube
There are far more images available for Wild Rooster, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade East - Official Selection" - Bloop, 2013
- "Touch Arcade's Best Group Games of 2012" - Bloop, 2012
- "Games for Change ANZ - Official Selection" - Bloop, 2012
- "IndieCade - Finalist" - Bloop, 2012
- "JaredTA's Best Cat Games of 2011" - Box Cat, 2011
- "Who knew an innocent kitty could wreck so many cars?"
- Apple, @AppStore
- "[Box Cat] is a great bite-sized retro masterpiece"
- Jason Wadsworth, 148apps.com
- "Box Cat comes highly recommended, as a quick arcade fix with lasting power."
- Torbjorn Kamblad, Touch Gen
- "Bloop for iOS is an aggressive, finger-pointing free-for-all."
- Jamin Warren, Kill Screen
Rusty Moyher on Twitter
Personal twitter for Rusty Moyher (@rustym) available at twitter.com twitter.com.