Based in Austin, Texas
July 23, 2014
Astro Duel is a competitive local multiplayer party game. Rounds are quick and death is sudden. Blast your friends using asteroid-style ships. Run over their helpless bodies for good measure. Ships can be armed with offensive and defensive pickups including missiles, lasers, jousters and shields. Rich, varied arenas provide a host of hiding places and hazards. Use barriers and asteroids as cover. Avoid turrets, death beams, and black holes or you're dead.
Growing up playing couch multiplayer games was awesome. Endless nights of Bomberman. Mario Kart. NBA Jam. Ever sentimental for the good old days, I started working on a game that tries to recapture these warm feelings. A staying-up-till-2am-battling-my-favorite-people simulator. After on-and-off work for a couple years, Astro Duel was released in July 2014. In early 2016 Astro Duel was released for Windows and Mac on Steam. In early 2017, Rusty teamed up with Panic Button to release Astro Duel Deluxe on Nintendo Switch.
- 13 dynamic arenas
- Ship Hunters, Pilot Hunters and Team Deathmatch game modes
- Computer AI with two levels of difficulty
- A variety of game modifiers
- (Desktop) Play with a keyboard or add up to four game controllers
- (iOS) Play using just the iPad or add iPhones for more players
- (iOS) MFi game controller support
- YOUR SHIP A SPLODE
Nintendo Switch - Launch Trailer YouTube
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Greatest Party Games" Apple 2015
- "Official Selection" Fantastic Arcade 2014
- "Official Selection" Bit Bash 2015
- "Official Selection" Indie Bits 2016
- "If you dig single device local multiplayer, get this game."
- Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Wild Rooster
Rusty Moyher is an independent game developer in Austin, Texas. Games are his passion. Wild Rooster is his brand.
More information on Wild Rooster, our logo & relevant media are available here.