Based in Austin, Texas
November 23, 2011
Box Cat is a retro arcade smasher. Crash into cars and create traffic mayhem! Drive Box Cat towards oncoming cars with tilt or touch controls. Progress through Adventure mode to complete achievements, unlock new Cats and discover the world of Box Cat. Battle waves of cars and trucks in the relentless Survival Mode. Enjoy life while smashing through 7 lanes of heavy traffic in Rush Hour mode.
Box Cat was conceived as an "animal smash revenge" game in 2011. Within the first week an early prototype proved the concept was sound. Smashing cars as a box shaped cat called Box Cat was fun. After 5 additional months of development and testing, Box Cat was released for iPhone and iPad on the App Store. The game was well received by critics and iPhone gamers around the world. Box Cat was on released on the Mac App Store in September 2012. In August 2013, Box Cat was ported to Android and OUYA.
- Smash Cars
- Dash Trucks
- Become "Super Box Cat"
- Unlock Cats
- Leaderboards & Achievements
- (iOS) Supports iCade and JoyPad
- (Mac) Retina Enabled
- (Mac) Supports USB Gamepads
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Cat Game of the Year Finalist" Jared's Kitty Korner / Touch Arcade, 2011
- "Who knew an innocent kitty could wreck so many cars?"
- Apple, @AppStore
- "one of my very favorite cat-based games"
- Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade
- "[Box Cat] is a great bite-sized retro masterpiece"
- Jason Wadsworth, 148apps.com
- "Box Cat comes highly recommended, as a quick arcade fix with lasting power."
- Torbjorn Kamblad, Touch Gen
- "Box Cat feels like a catharsis or apology for all those animals that were shamelessly harmed in games such as Frogger."
- John Polson, Indie Games
About Wild Rooster
Rusty Moyher is an independent game developer in Austin, Texas. Games are his passion. Wild Rooster is his brand.
More information on Wild Rooster, our logo & relevant media are available here.