Based in Austin, Texas
February 8, 2018
Dig Dog is an action roguelike platformer. Dig to discover treasure, adventure and bones! Jump, dash, stomp and dig your way through a strange world inhabited by stranger creatures. Dig Dog combines classic platforming action with endless, generated levels to explore...and dig! Includes two modes of play: Bone Hunt, the roguelike treasure hunt. Dig for bones across four worlds of increasing difficulty. Die a lot. Free Dig, an endless digging experience. Dig through an infinite set of levels with minor challenge and no game overs.
Development of Dig Dog began in the summer of 2016. Wild Rooster teamed up with frequent collaborator 8bitmatt to create the thumpin’ retro soundtrack. While still in production, Dig Dog was chosen to be in the 2017 Fantastic Arcade as part of the Official Selection. The game was released on February 8, 2018. Dig Dog was later updated with unlockable color themes and released on the Nintendo Switch on April 26, 2019.
- Forge your own path as you creatively tunnel through each level.
- Travel to new worlds! Uncover stranger and more dangerous environments.
- Hunt for bones and treasure as you dive deeper.
- Battle enemies above perilous cliffs and sunken desert caves.
- Nearly unlimited replayability with over 100 million levels to dig through.
- Discover shops and buy items, but don't get too greedy!
- A thumpin’ 8-bit soundtrack you’ll surely dig.
Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Dev Intro + Creating a game without hands YouTube
Bone Get GIF link
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection" Fantastic Arcade 2017
- "a solid pick-up-and-play roguelike platformer that will really test you."
- Carter Dotson, Touch Arcade
- "a really charming sense of style"
- Campbell Bird, 148 Apps
- "a thoughtfully simplified take on Spelunky's roguelike-platformer majesty."
- Jon Mundy, Pocket Gamer
- "The game isn’t as good as hanging out with a real four-legged friend, but it has an irresistible charm that brings it pretty close."
- Alex Santa Maria, TechRaptor
Coding without a keystroke
The hands-free creation of a full video game arstechnica.com.
Available on Bandcamp 8bitmatt.bandcamp.com.
About Wild Rooster
Rusty Moyher is an independent game developer in Austin, Texas. Games are his passion. Wild Rooster is his brand.
More information on Wild Rooster, our logo & relevant media are available here.