March 4th, 2014
Retro Game Crunch is a series of 7 games, full of the charm and challenge of the 8-bit generation. Each world feels like an authentic NES classic. A massive genre-spanning collection.
In August 2012 Rusty Moyher, Shaun Inman, and Matt Grimm banded together to create Super Clew Land for the 24th Ludum Dare game jam. It was their first time working together and it was a blast! They didn’t want to stop working together. So they hatched a plan to make six more games and Kickstarted it. For each game, backers submitted and voted on game themes. Then Rusty, Shaun and Matt crunched for three days, making a playable game from scratch based on the winning theme. Backers then got a chance to play the 72-hour prototype. After a brief recovery period, they resumed work on the game. For thirty days, they polished, expanded, and improved the new born game. Finally backers got to download the complete version of the finished game. Step and repeat, six times. Retro Game Crunch was released as a complete package to the world on March 4th, 2014.
- Super Clew Land – Eat, evolve, and explore in this happy-go-lucky exploration-based platformer.
- End of Line – A game about learning how to die. Figure out how to thwart autonomous repair bots in this puzzle adventure.
- GAIAttack – Gaia has summoned four champions to rise up and destroy the pillaging Sky Pirates. A beat 'em up platformer for up to four players.
- Paradox Lost – Abby crashes her plane, but stumbles upon a gun that shoots time travel! A metroidvania across three time periods.
- Wub-Wub Wescue – A pug must brave the jungle and navigate its treacherous rhythms, all to rescue his master. An early 80’s arcade platformer.
- Brains & Hearts – A two player card game that takes place inside Albert Einstein's dream. Play against the CPU or a friend.
- Shūten – A samurai shoot 'em up for one or two players. Owari’s village is trampled as ancient gods awaken. He takes up sword to end them.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection: End of Line" Fantastic Arcade, 2013
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Wild Rooster allows for the contents of Retro Game Crunch to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Retro Game Crunch is legally & explicitly allowed by Wild Rooster. This permission can be found in writing at http://rustymoyher.com/press/sheet.php?p=retro_game_crunch.
Rusty Moyher on Twitter
Personal twitter for Rusty Moyher (@rustym) available at twitter.com twitter.com.
Shaun Inman on Twitter
Personal twitter for Shaun Inman (@shauninman) available at twitter.com twitter.com.
Matt Grimm on Twitter
Personal twitter for Matt Grimm (@8bitmatt) available at twitter.com twitter.com.
Retro Game Crunch Credits
Game Design / Programming
Game Design / Art / Programming
Music / Sound / Level Design