Based in Austin, Texas
In The Future
Astro Duel 2 is an arena combat game set in the open frontiers of the Echo System. A versus and co-op experience that blurs the line between top-down space shooter and platform fighter. Classic arcade action built with fresh, fluid mechanics.
During the development of Astro Duel in 2014, Rusty Moyher experimented with redesigned controls built natively for a gamepad analogue stick. The prototype was soon followed by faster combat, new ship types, and pilot blades. This would have led to a normal-sized sequel. Then a crazy idea was found: what if the pilots could enter gravity zones and it became a platformer? The ambitious addition was too exciting to ignore. So began the 8 year journey of building Astro Duel 2.
- Pilot an elite Nano Fighter that lets you smoothly transition between space flight and ground combat
- Pick from a roster of unique ships - each with a distinct play style and advantages
- Fight for dominance with specialized weapons, tactical maneuvers, or sheer destructive fire power
- Get creative by using the fully-destructible levels to your advantage
- Over 100 levels to unlock, explore, and destroy
- Battle in Versus Mode with up to 6 players or work together in Campaign Mode
download files as .zip (1.6 MB)
download file as .zip (4.2 MB)
About Wild Rooster
Wild Rooster is an independent game studio in Austin, Texas. We make the kind of multiplayer games that you want to share with your friends. Our games combine a nostalgic arcade experience with adrenaline-packed gameplay. Like a warm hug punching you in the face.
More information on Wild Roster, our logo & relevant media are available here.